What is PCS?
At OneSource, we make it a priority to provide assistance for you or your loved ones in the home while encouraging independent living. This verbal and physical assistance is referred to as Personal Care Services (PCS). PCS includes activities related to personal care and hygiene, companionship, homemaking, and transportation.
When does someone need Personal Care Services?
If you or a loved one has difficulty performing simple daily tasks or activities, then it may be time to consider aid through Personal Care Services. PCS is common for individuals suffering from a medical condition, cognitive impairment, or disability. This form of care is offered for those striving to live independently in the community, but who require assistance in doing so.
What does OneSource do?
OneSource offers a wide range of Personal Care Services catered to each patient’s needs. These services fall into one of four categories: personal care and hygiene, companionship, homemaking, and transportation.
Personal Care and Hygiene
- Bathing and showering
- Respectfully assist with dressing and undressing
- Medication and hydration reminders
- Compression stockings or TED hose assistance
- Safely assist with mobility transfers
- Safety and precaution assessment
- Hearing Aide preparation, handling, and care
- Oral care
- Monitor and care for skin breakdown
- Peri care or incontinence care
- Haircare and makeup application
- Personal interaction to reduce loneliness and uplift spirits
- Assistance with hobbies and activities
- Assistance with reading, writing, computer, and phone use
- Calendar event review and reminders
- Accompany to social events
- Daily AM and PM wellness checks
- Change linens as needed
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Deliver meal trays
- Prepare meals and snacks
- Trash removal
*We cannot personally transport clients and hourly rates apply for appointment assistance.
- Arrange transportation needs to medical appointments
- Assist to appointment for safe transfers and listen to instructions